NOMINATIONS CLOSE TOMORROW 29th SEPTEMBER
The Hunter Academy of Sport Hockey talent program plays a vital role in the Hockey NSW pathway by identifying, monitoring and developing the skills of young hockey players. This program forms an underpinning pathway for the Hockey NSW Athlete Acceleration Program (AAP) and provides athletes with the support they need to progress to the next level. Members of the squad
will be exposed to expert coaching services, and sport specific education in areas such as strength and conditioning, psychology and nutrition.
- Over 30 hours of Skill Development
- Minimum 6 Hours of Athlete Education
- Fitness Testing/Strength and Conditioning Program
- Targeted Goal Keeper Coaching
- ClubsNSW Academy Games (Inter Regional Academy Competition)
- Inter-Academy training days/camps
- 16-18 Years Old in the Year of the Program
- Not a Scholarship Holder in the Hockey NSW AAP For the Same Term
- Selected Based on the Academy’s Defined Local Government Boundaries (HAS Accepts Athletes Outside of our LGA’s if Your Academy is not Offering a Program)
- All Athletes are to be Registered Hockey NSW Athletes with an Association in NSW Being the Primary Association as of July 01, 2016
Last year there were a number of Tigers players both boys and girl who participated and will be returning this year.
Key Dates :
- Applications Close: 29th September 2017
- Trials: 21st October 2017
To nominate please visit www.hunteracademy.org.au
Hockey NSW and Hockey Australia are urgently seeking Volunteers for the Oceania Cup and Hockey 5s, with visiting Nations from within the Oceania. To apply please use this link https://www.hockeynsw.com.au/events/11381/ by Friday 29th September.
We have a number of positions still available across the four days of competition in Sydney.
Ball Kid Supervisor x 2
Venue Operations x 3
Country Liaisons x 6
Usher x 8
Ticket Scanners x 4
Times will vary between the hours of
Day 1 – Wed 11 October – 8am- 10pm
Day 2 – Thursday 12 October- 8am- 10pm
Day 3 – Saturday 14 October- 9am- 7pm
Day 4 – Sunday 15 October- Finals 9am- 7.30pm
Volunteers will be supplied with a Hockey Australia Shirt and are required to wear Black Pants and Comfortable shoes.
If you have any queries, please contact Shelly 9764 1911 or email@example.com
Well the season is over for the men and it is time to turn our attention to the end of year Coffs Harbour trip. The lastest newsletter link is below and I need to know this week if people are going and their shirt sizes if they are going as a player or supporter.
Coffs Harbour Newsletter 5 2017
Wanderers Australia have some exciting hockey tours coming up in 2018.
We have a junior tour tour heading to Canada / USA in December, and also an open’s tour to South Africa at the end of the 2018 outdoor season. Wanderers Australia has taken over 5000 players across 5 sports to all corners of the globe since 1997.
The tours are open to players of all levels from clubs and schools across Australia, State level coaches and higher will accompany the teams on tour.
The tour is open to all levels of players turning 13 to 18 years in 2018 for our junior tour, and for players aged 18 through to masters for our Opens tour… when the tour departs. ALL levels of hockey are welcome to attend, as we are looking at taking multiple teams to allow players to play with and against their own level. Parents and family are also welcome to attend.
Please find information sheets on the tours in the links below. Those interested should head to our website and register their interest, and we will then send them all the information on dates, costs, payments etc
Canada-USA Jnr Hockey Flyer 2018 18+ Hockey 2018 South Africa Flyer
Each tour represents a fantastic opportunity both on and off the field and we are sure that players at your club and association will find either experience a positive one.
Should you have any questions regarding any aspect of the tour, please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 42 67 1400 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 3108
Austinmer NSW 2515
Ph 02 42 67 1400
HOCKEY AUSTRALIA WOMEN’S MASTERS CHAMPIONSHIPS will be played at Newcastle this year.
Starting on 28th September 2017 to the 7th October 2017. There will be some great hockey played and there are many Tiger’s Womens playing in different age groups and states.
Special mention goes out to;
- Sharon Williams – is playing for the 40’s NSW team
- Mel Mendham ( 3rd grade) is playing for the 40’s NSW team
- Michelle Bisson – is playing for the 45’s NSW Team
- Linda Ferguson (3rd grade) is playing for the 45/2 Waratahs side
- Lyn Hinton (3rd Grade) is playing for the SA 50’s
- Amanda Buekes (2nd grade) is playing for the SA 55’s
- Jackie Porter-Kay has just been appointed Assistant coach to the HNSW Masters contingent
Click below to see the full schedule.
2017 HA Women’s Masters Match Schedule Final